Saturday, October 25, 2008

Frankfurt Book Fair 2008: What Global Postmodernist Communication Means.



This year's edition of the Frankfurt Book Fair, held from 15th to 19th October, meant - for me - a complex demonstration of the global power of communication. Never have I seen a more elaborate display of forces in terms of publications and publishers, new idea trials, representatives of various cultures, etc. My friends and I took part on the 18th which coincided with the largest number of visitors in the history of the fair.
What struck me most, apart from the huge areas designed to cover all suppliers, was the great energy of the eagerness to clinch new deals and share successful stories of various products. I particularly appreciated the Educational Publishing Pavilion and AAEP and the international publisher's hall. One day did not seem enough to cover everything and we came back from a truly post-modernist 'zone' while our face skins still felt dehydratedly imprinted.

No comments: